6 Things We Learned Once Apple Watch App Store Launched
The Apple Watch App Store launched on Thursday. The Wall Street Journal reported that more than 3,000 apps associated with Apple Watch are available on day one.
The launch of the Apple Watch App Store also gave us a better idea of how Apple will be marketing apps. We already knew that Apple Watch App Store was being isolated from the main App Store. Now we know how the two will interact.
1. The Apple Watch App Store that is preinstalled on the latest operating system now has a Featured screen. This will be hand-curated just like the Featured listings in the App Store.
2. The Apple Watch App Store will be broken out by Categories, as well. Yes, there will be games.
3. When an app is viewed in the Apple Watch App Store, Watch screenshots appear at the top. When viewed in the main App Store, the Watch screenshots appear below the iPhone ones. The rest of the content within the listing will remain the same.
4. Apps that support Apple Watch will have a badge in the main App Store indicating “Offers Apple Watch App,” along with the Apple Watch icon.
5. The Compatibility section at the bottom of all App Store listings does not yet include Apple Watch.
6. I tested search, which doesn’t have Trending, on Apple Watch App Store. As expected, the same keywords the main App Store uses will surface apps. Ratings remain.
Have you noticed anything unique about Apple Watch App Store? Let us know in the comments below.